8 December 2010

Unveiling "357 stitches, 1 needle, 1 knot"

Okay so here it is, a brand new piece for Designer Crafts at the Mall 2011. I'm really pleased with it; the flow of each image into the next is so smooth and seemingly effortless- how deceptive! (Click on the images for a closer view)




Those of you familiar with my work will know my trademark as a gold-eye crewel needle "left" in the work; a trace of the maker's hand. Well, I was thrilled a few weeks ago to discover real gold-plated needles. They look incredibly precious and really gleam from the crisp white background. This is the first piece in which I have included one, no doubt the first of many.

"357 stitches, 1 needle, 1 knot"
106x48cm framed (matt black box frame) £600

Available to buy at Designer Crafts at the Mall 8-16th Jan (for full details please see post below). If you are interested in this piece or any other on the site, please leave a comment or send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment