28 October 2010

New Work for GNCCF


I showed mainly new works at GNCCF last week. It all follows on from my final university project "The Sublime in the Mundane: Counting Threads". It's a theme that I would like to continue exploring, I think there's a lot of potential for my work to develop. I really want to up the scale- I just haven't physically got space to do so at the moment, now that I'm working from home. Anyway, this is where I am with it currently:


 

An overview of my stand. It great to have such a big space all to myself, it meant that I was able to exhibit a good selection of all of work and gage a public reaction to each strand. I showed work in pairs: 2 large photogram pieces, 2 small, 2 photograph pieces and two in fabric. I also showed my acrylic ribbon piece, now re-named "On the Surface, 10" and a selection of unframed works.


Tone no.1


Hue no.1

A real public winner



Pincer

Spider

If pushed, I would have to say that this is my current favourite piece. Deception plays a huge part to the viewing of my work, I just cannot work out how I took this photograph- which is why I get so much enjoyment from revisiting it.











News of upcoming exhibitions and my new website coming soon...

1 comment:

  1. Jess, your work is beautiful, I am so impressed and a great blog, I have really enjoyed it and look forward to the next chapter and to your website

    ReplyDelete